Spring Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Pics are so much easier in clear spring water. Heres one of my better ones from Morrison Spring last weekend.

81740015.JPG

Like floating through air!

Cool :)

I thought Morrison was closed to the public now? Hows the dive there? I understand its about the same distance from me as it is to Vortex - but I've never been...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Cool :)

I thought Morrison was closed to the public now? Hows the dive there? I understand its about the same distance from me as it is to Vortex - but I've never been...
I know that the State bought Morrison and the old vendor sold the compressor before closing. About a month ago I called the South Walton TDC and they said no one has been selected to run the place yet. I asked this week a ScubaTech and they said it's still about the same. I had heard that people were still diving the site even though no one is in charge yet.

Morrison is about the same distance south of I-10 on 81 as Vortex is north. The site is much more natural than vortex - cypress trees etc.. It does flood much easier and is pretty well flooded most of the winter. They used to have a phone number to call and the vendor would give the conditions - now it would be a shot in the dark. I hope they reopen soon with a new vendor.

jviehe:
Pics are so much easier in clear spring water. Heres one of my better ones from Morrison Spring last weekend.
Great shot.

Is that anybody we know in the pic?

Is the duck still in the cavern or did they take her with them when they left?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom