New UWATEC computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm just perousing the 2005 SP catalog and see that they have introduced a bunch of new computers to their line. Some of them kinda look like Pelagics, I wonder if they still use the same algorhytm. I could't find that information in the catalog.
Anyway, the Smart Tec is kinda cool. It can monitor up to three different mixes fron 21-100%. I may have to get one, but they're $1300.00, and the additional tramsmitters are around $200.00 each (I think). Hmmm.
Also,they dropped prices on alot of their existing line. The Smart Com went down $150.00, to $750.00.

Scubakevdm:
I'm just perousing the 2005 SP catalog and see that they have introduced a bunch of new computers to their line. Some of them kinda look like Pelagics, I wonder if they still use the same algorhytm. I could't find that information in the catalog.
Anyway, the Smart Tec is kinda cool. It can monitor up to three different mixes fron 21-100%. I may have to get one, but they're $1300.00, and the additional tramsmitters are around $200.00 each (I think). Hmmm.
Also,they dropped prices on alot of their existing line. The Smart Com went down $150.00, to $750.00.

Our shop had an SP product knowledge seminar not long ago for staff and they briefly hit on the Smart TEC. At the same time one of our instructors had one as a test diver. It uses the same algorithm as the Smart line does now. Essentially, its a Smart Pro and Air Z with multiple transmitter support.

There are a few new "configurables" on the dive computer or at least they were talking about that - like the possibility of turning off the wet contacts, turning off ALL alarms. As you probably know there are two alarms on the SmartCOM which cannot be turned off.

I've already got my Smart TEC with two transmitters on order... just waiting for them to start shipping :crafty:

It has a gauge mode that can be set, but it will lock out (like other UWATECs) if mandatory stops are violated.

Does anyone have any pictures/additional info about the Smart TEC?

It looks basically like a Smart Pro Wrist, except its black.

I like the new mid-level Aladin computers they are offering. They look like they will fit more than just SP consoles(not sure though), they have user replacable batteries(which alotta people wanted), watch modes, and its also improved on the features the older mid-level computers(Pro Ultras, ect) had like faster sampling, ect.

Looks interesting, I haven't used any of this stuff though...

Rumor mill from the ScubaPro/Uwatec rep was the Smart line will be discoutinued. The new Tec will last another year or two at which time a helium capable model will be introduced. The new aladin tec looks promising as an alternative for rec/tec as it includes a guage mode and provide IR upload and profile graphing....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom