Fin Paint Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

windward1

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but I am hoping that someone out there could help me. I was recently told that there is a special type of paint kit you can get to paint your fins. . . But I can't seem to find it any where! If anyone out there can validate the above claim I would be grateful. Or if you could point me in the direction of another solution I would still be grateful!

Thanks
Windward1

windward1:
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but I am hoping that someone out there could help me. I was recently told that there is a special type of paint kit you can get to paint your fins. . . But I can't seem to find it any where! If anyone out there can validate the above claim I would be grateful. Or if you could point me in the direction of another solution I would still be grateful!

Thanks
Windward1

I have only seen paint pens (markers) that are usually used to write your name or initials on your gear. They come in limited colors (blue, black, green, etc).

There is a recent thread here on painting your fins. They used the new plastic paint. Worked out quite well ... let me see if I can find the thread...

http://www.scubaboard.com/t71277-.html

Here you go.

Mark

Damselfish:
Why would you paint your fins?

See the thread above :)

Mark

alemaozinho:
Painting your fins is not DIR,Peace

DIR posts out of the DIR forum is not DIR.

Peace,

Mark

mweitz:
DIR posts out of the DIR forum is not DIR.

Peace,

Mark

We've never met, but I owe you a high five and big hurrah, Marko. Man. You rock. THAT is what I'm looking for in this place.

Back to the thread - Fin Painting

I keep thinking of Finger Painting wif your fins on.... sort of all Leroy Neiman meets Jackson Pollack meets that bad Sports Illustrated idea of the 80's (with basketball, hockey and baseball players rolling paint-loaded bats and balls and pucks and shoes and junk all around a canvas) meets that wack Cat Painting calendar from a few years ago.

Strap up, load them up with paint and sort of clomp around a bit on a biga$$ canvas on the floor.

Some hoity toidy clown in some gallery will think its art.

K

Yes, this would work!
I guess fin painting would have to be... watercolors?

mweitz:
There is a recent thread here on painting your fins. They used the new plastic paint. Worked out quite well ... let me see if I can find the thread...

http://www.scubaboard.com/t71277-.html

Here you go.

Mark

Yeah, well I read that and gave it a try. What a MESS!!! The plastic did not bond to the material of my twin speeds and peeled right off. Yes, it was the new "plastic bonding" spray paint. Didn't work. I'll stick to using yellow plastic tape. It stays on for a long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom