drysuit intro help please!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tangfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello, I'm gonna be buying my first drysuit in about a week or so, just wondering if anyone out there is an instructor or just really comfortable showing someone the ropes of using a suit. I've got over a hundred dives logged so I'm not (that) much of a newbie diver, just new to the suit. I know some of you have said that the LDS should give an intro for free for buying the suit, but their intro is just a pool session and not OW, plus I'm just looking for new buddies to get wet with in general.

funkyspelunker:
Hello, I'm gonna be buying my first drysuit in about a week or so, just wondering if anyone out there is an instructor or just really comfortable showing someone the ropes of using a suit. I've got over a hundred dives logged so I'm not (that) much of a newbie diver, just new to the suit. I know some of you have said that the LDS should give an intro for free for buying the suit, but their intro is just a pool session and not OW, plus I'm just looking for new buddies to get wet with in general.
It's still worth it to do the pool session with the LDS. You'll get a nice overview of how the suit works and get to practice some stuff in the pool (i.e. how to deal with a runaway ascent by dumping air from your neck or wrist seals) where the water's a lot warmer than the Sound.
icosm14.gif

With regards to diving the Sound the first few times in a dry suit, you might drop NWGratefulDiver (Bob Bailey) a line. He is a NAUI instructor and would be more than happy to help you out getting your feet wet (or dry!) diving dry.

Jimmie

Try Oak Harbor on WI, did a Dry Suit class with them. They supplied the suit, a pool sesion and two dives, for something reasonable. CRS , couple of years ago , the best I found.

good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom