Urgent help to locate divers - does anyone recognise this place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stephenm

New
Reaction score
To all divers.

I am trying to find a specific location in Fiji with these characteristics. I know the info is obscure but we are trying to use it to locate Dan Greiner and Danielle Gibbons, two divers who went missing in Fijian waters last week.

A small uninhabited island, possibly in the Bligh Waters up towards the Yasawa Island group. The island is quite flat with dense vegetation and coconut trees. The beaches of the island are covered in high tides.

The island has a well-known but not often visited tidal-coral reef point which is a breeding ground for tiger or bull sharks.
Sea turtles nest at this island and there is a sea-bird colony on it.

The island may be in a loose group of 2-3 islands with a passage in between them used occasionally by the locals in their journeys.

Please email me directly if this rings any bells for anyone. You can also call me in Australia on +61 2 9665 5867. Time is critical. stephen@slam.au.com

with thanks
Stephen M

I can't help you either, but will be praying! Let me know if there is anything that I can do ehre in Washington!

Just wanted you to know that your post was copied over to the scubadiving.com board today (Under the subject line Missing divers in Fiji.

They have a board there call Diver2Diver. Any more posts should go there as well as we have all been closely follwing the story. Our hearts go out to you and your family and we have been praying for them.

Jennifer

www.scubadiving.com
go to: the Diver2Diver link for posts.
You can also search all posts using a key word.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom