First UW photos - Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rricks90254

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone on the board that has been posting their experiences, tips, and techniques. After reading and discussing various options with a number of people I was confident in my choice of the Oly 5050 with the pt-015 housing. I also purchased the Fisheye tray and the Inon d-180 strobe.

So then it was off to try the setup. Spent my honeymoon in Fiji. It's great when your dive buddy is also your wife. the diving was excellent. Strong current in most cases however. But that's not why I'm hear to talk about the current (different thread entirely). The photos that I thought were keepers have been uploaded to My Gallery so if you get a chance I welcome any feed back. I got good at taking coral shots and definatly know I need more work with the fish shots. That will be coming up soon with a local trip. Actually planning a number of local trips and then back to Hawaii in December.

I'm attaching a couple from the gallery as an example of what I was able ot accomplish. Can't wait to keep improving.

Again thanks for all the info and help.

RR

Great shots. I have a friend who is on his 3rd upgrade for a camera and he still gets maybe one shot per roll that looks as good as yours. I don't know how many you shot or with what but I would be proud to have taken those shots.

Where in Fiji where they taken?

Thanks,
MATT

hey them are some great shots ,good job, (ishie) girl friend and i have been trying a short time and some come out good(not as good as yours) but some dont, your shots are great!!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I'm happy about my results, 13 of 70 were 'keepers' for whatever reasons. Even better is I felt I learned a few things that I can't wait to try on the next set of dives.

Stay safe.

Those are really nice pictures. good job! Now i hope to be able to get some descent shots on my trip. thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom