O-ring on SeaLife CL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderDaSea104

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Thought I got a good deal on a SeaLife camera -$20. Camera looks good, only trouble is that the O-ring fell out when I opened the housing. The one bit of instructions that came with the camera (no manual) states: IMPORTANT Do not remove O-ring. O-ring is permenantly sealed to housing. Read O-ring instructions page 22 of manual (which I do not have).
Any tips on reattaching, replacing or experience with SeaLife CL?

UnderDaSea104:
Hi Guys,
Thought I got a good deal on a SeaLife camera -$20. Camera looks good, only trouble is that the O-ring fell out when I opened the housing. The one bit of instructions that came with the camera (no manual) states: IMPORTANT Do not remove O-ring. O-ring is permenantly sealed to housing. Read O-ring instructions page 22 of manual (which I do not have).

Book says that if it is removed you must take to authorized Sealife dealer and have it repaired. The seat has to be perfect, or it wont seal. The ring is glued in and if removed, the seat wont be flat anymore.
You have a good camera, just have the O-ring reinstalled.
Good luck

UnderDaSea104:
Hi Guys,

Send camera to SeaLife Cameras for a new O-ring install. 97 Foster Road, Moorestown, NJ 08057.

For what it's worth, I lent my DC310 to friend to take on an out of town trip and when he returned he reported that there was a slight leak. Naturally I blamed him (but kept that thought to myself). Turns out, just before lending him the camera I thought it would be a good idea to remove and grease the O-ring so he would have the benefit of a well-maintained camera. Only after that did I read the manual.

I just mailed the camera to Sealife for an O-ring change. Stay tuned.

Following up...kudos to Sealife. As mentioned, I sent my DC310 to Sealife to have the O-ring replaced a couple of weeks ago and I just got it back in the mail. Instead of simply replacing the O-ring they replaced the entire housing. Am still scratching my head.

My thanks to the staff at Sealife and Pioneer Research.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom