Kona coast divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elease

Registered
Reaction score
we're heading to the kona coast in october and are scheduled to dive with this operation. has anyone had experience with them? is it a cattle boat? how about the night manta dive? would love to hear from anyone who's dived with these folks.

The night manta dive dosen't matter who you go with, they all go to the same place. I have heard of this outfit but heard nothing about them.

Hello-

I've dove with Kona Coast Divers. 15-18 people a little cozy, but I like 60ft boats with 6 people on them so any boat seems crowded to me. Boat looks like it is in good condition. DM's and Skippers are friendly and knowledgeable, real good people. I will use them in the future, and would recommend them. Haven't been on the manta dive, any other questions I can answer let me know.

P.S. Eat a lite breakfast cause bathroom is 1# only.

Rick

Sorry, couldn't resist, they call it a head.

And on almost every dive boat it seems to be broken, or won't take solids. At best you will get "if you didn't eat it, don't put it in there". Including TP.

If you want a boat that isn't a cattle boat check out Kona Honu Divers, great crew and a 46' boat that never seems to be crowded.

Check with the boat to see if the Manta's are there, they aren't always and it can be disappointing if you don't see them. Of course its a real nice night dive nd they usually do the eel garden whichis kind of neat to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom