South Bay Power Plant, Chula Vista?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gomer Piles

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone here has done, attempted, or even considered a dive in or near the waters of the South Bay Power Plant in Chula Vista (or as I like to call it Chula Juana)... I would be personally intrested in seeing what kind of effects the discharged heated water would have on the local life around the plant... I'm guessing up close it would have some adverse effects but at varying distances that it might give shelter to some intresting life... But then again I don't even know how close I could get around those parts without have harbor police on my ***... Granted I have kayaked around that area before but I'm not entirely sure how paranoid they would get seeing scuba divers near a power plant...

Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated... Even the ones calling me a moron, so long as you have proof to back it up...

LoL I heard something about turtles as well... But the way you describe them is a lot more comedic...

I guess I was just curious if anyone would be intrested in trying it out but it seems like a no... C'est la vie...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom