MAsk Foging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apply toothpaste very firmly to inside of lense, rinse off, repeat a few times.

Should stop most problems.

Dont forget to spit and rub each lense then wash it in water before going under.

Make sure you cleaned it well prior to using it. You have to get all the manufacturing chemicals off of it. On most mask, using a non-abrasive toothpaste does the trick.

No.

If you're having fogging problems even when using defog goop, you're probably either not getting enough on, rinsing too much, or breathing through your nose.

Put on enought to spread a thin layer over the entire lens, let it sit for a minute, and then rinse and rub until it's all gone, no farther, otherwise, you'll wipe it ALL off.

Learn not to breath out through your nose. Fogging is cause when warmer air inside the mask touches the colder lens (colder due to outside water temp), so pumping more warm air into the mask by exhaling into it makes fogging a lot worse. Of course, this doesn't mean not to exhale to get rid of mask squeeze, just don't do it all the time.

If you put a right amount of defog (SeaDrops) onto your mask, then you won't have problems. SeaDrops brand never fail me, works everytime. I put about 4 drops for right and another for left side of mask.

ThatsMe:
is there a "best" no- fog brand?

they're all basically detergernt/soap/shampoo and water

i make my own with baby shampoo and water, and it works
great.

if you're having trouble with fogging, the following should help:

1. immediately wash your mask with tooth-paste (non-gritty),
rinse, and wash again. you need to do this with every mask you
own as soon as you buy it.

2. apply two or three drops of anti-fog on each half of your
mask, and rub in with your fingers at least 15-20 minutes
before you dive. don't rinse it!!

3. rinse the mask off ONCE before putting it on. do not take
it off again until the end of the dive.

4. do not breathe through your nose, except to clear your mask.

this should get you fog-free

ThatsMe:
Anyone have this problem, even with defog stuff?

A bone-dry, fog free mask is not a negotiable item. If my mask isn't both, I chuck it.

Fortunately, my last two masks have been perfect in this respect.

For years I used the Sea Vision spray on goop. Works great. I finally ran out this summer, been using that PSI500 stuff. Its also working well for me.

Clean that mask, and store it in something (like a mask box) between dives and it should be fine. If you're still fogging, it ain't the De-fog failing. Its a dirty mask, or as someone suggested, you're breathing thru your nose.

K

Sea Drops are good. I've never got the spray kind to work, but to each his own I guess.

Ah, about the dirty mask. Missed that one. When you got your mask, did you wash it? If not, you need to scrub it good with toothpaste. (Just the inside lens, not the rest)

Spit works for some people, but mine has zero defog capability, so I have to use the Sea Drops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom