Wonder What You Think for Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joddie

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok im looking at buying a new camera and Ive come up with Nikon 8700 or Canon Pro 1. Its hard to choose wich one so I'm looking for your opinions on both I also want to be able to use it on land primarily but also use it when I dive. Thanks and any info would be really helpfull.

Not really familiar with either camera but one thing i would suggest:

Underwater is much different than shooting on land. WIth the much lower light levels, you need to do some adjusting.
Therefore, you need to purchase a camera that will give you full manual control over shutter speed, aperture, and ISO settings.
Program modes that work well on land do not work well with underwater. These modes like to pick strange settings that will give very blueish, washed out photos.
Having a camera with full manual control will enable you to avoid this.

Also, before you buy, do a little research with some of the online photo shops to find out what cameras have underwater housings available. Its no good to buy a camera and then find out there is no housing available.
Good luck with whatever you purchase

Agree...

Thanks for the input yes I also agree with what you said, but I was kind of looking to see if anyone has used anyone of these and could offer some pros and cons on them as for all I am able to find is factory info and yes they both have housings made for them thanks again for your help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom