Bellingham Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Burlington... was just in Bellingham today!

Kayla:
I'm in Burlington... was just in Bellingham today!
Hi! I'm an old diver (47) getting back into the game
after having to quit for a while. I'll have new gear in 5-6
weeks, if you don't mind diving with an old (but experienced,
1000+ dives) lets go someday. Are you familiar with
Adventures Down Under in B-ham? This is the shop I go to
and they sponsor a dive club that meets the first Tuesday
night of each month. VERY knowledgable owner and staff.
Winenut.

I'm in Bellingham ,actually just west, living on a sailboat out on gate 3. I'm headed to Boston on 9/28 but should be back in a month or so.

I know Ron at ADU, in fact just completed my Nitrox cert with him and my AOW with Tim. Great store and great guys! They were all up to Whytecliff last weekend, I went up with 'em for my nitrox dives and had a blast. We did our own thing though, since they were doing a 150' deco dive class, I believe, and I was maxed at 122' with my mix.

I'm getting over the flu now, but would love to dive anywhere, anytime if I'm in town. I'm up for whatever gives me an excuse to get wet. PM me and I'll send you my phone #. I'm getting pretty good at getting in and out of the sailboat with no swim ladder :eyebrow:

Divemaster-K:
Not from, or in the area, but did a dive on an old paddlewheel wreck in some lake up there a while back. Very cool, but cold, and dark.

Would that be Whatcom Lake?

Good to see some Bellingham people active, whoever wrote the paddle barge or whatever Im wondering if you have heard of a train car or somthing of shorts on the south side of Lake Whatcom. Ive heard rumors but have yet to recive any concrete info, pretty much the consensus is thats its deep, 200 plus but that could be bogus. Ive also heard of some divable caves near mount Baker. Any information would be greatly appriciated. I have dove on the barge, water tower, old saw mill near the Blodale donvan park and those are interesting and worth an afternoon. (I found an old ax last time I went). If your still looking to get wet I work at Washington Divers on North State street and Im sure we could help you out. Good luck

jumbo:
Good to see some Bellingham people active, whoever wrote the paddle barge or whatever Im wondering if you have heard of a train car or somthing of shorts on the south side of Lake Whatcom. Ive heard rumors but have yet to recive any concrete info, pretty much the consensus is thats its deep, 200 plus but that could be bogus. Ive also heard of some divable caves near mount Baker. Any information would be greatly appriciated. I have dove on the barge, water tower, old saw mill near the Blodale donvan park and those are interesting and worth an afternoon. (I found an old ax last time I went). If your still looking to get wet I work at Washington Divers on North State street and Im sure we could help you out. Good luck

I'll look you up next time I'm in the area. I'd like to try diving more of the area, last time was just a fluke. I have zero knowledge of the area other than that paddle-wheel , or whatever it was. I was too damned cold to explore much.

Anyone know the history of it?

Back
Top Bottom