nearsided....need quick idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sessions

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a mask that has my prescription glass in it. I bought a new "cool" mask, and want to use in the Anacapa's this weekend.. but cant get prescription glass that fast. My nearsided vision is not bad... I thought i have heard of some "generic" thin lens lay overs, ...I dont remember where...anyone know what I'm talking about?

one of my students took an old pair of glasses and removed the arms. He just presses them in his mask (2 window) and goes nuts!

He can't flood his mask for risk of losing the glasses, but he can see.

I tried to adapt my Scot SCBA glasses to my mask. Worked OK, but rode a little high. I am very nearsited. Lately I either dive without correction or wear soft contact lenses. Since the magnification in the water is about +33% I have little trouble with no corrective lenses.

fmw625:
I tried to adapt my Scot SCBA glasses to my mask. Worked OK, but rode a little high. I am very nearsited. Lately I either dive without correction or wear soft contact lenses. Since the magnification in the water is about +33% I have little trouble with no corrective lenses.

There's a new mask out which purportedly has a great field of vision, and seems to be geared toward nearsightedness. I can't remember the name of it, but I do remember the price: $200. LDS owner tried it out and said it was out of focus, but his NS divemaster said it was great.

whitedragon13:
There's a new mask out which purportedly has a great field of vision, and seems to be geared toward nearsightedness. I can't remember the name of it, but I do remember the price: $200. LDS owner tried it out and said it was out of focus, but his NS divemaster said it was great.

You're probably refering to http://www.hydrooptix.com Their mask is suppose to give you true vision correctness underwater, no distortion. If you have 20/20 vision you need to wear contact lens to un-correct you vision for the mask. I've heard good things, but I passed on the demo day tryouts since I don't need glasses and didn't want to wear contacts.

Roland

that's the one...it's HUGE...and goofy looking. I think it even comes with some bifocals for when you're on the surface. But the DM at the shop is saving his tips for one!

try the hydro-optix inlays. good for gauge reading. available from most dive shops. they can be installed in 15 minutes.

cost of these inlays is about $30

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom