Federal Waters Spear Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outlawaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any species that are illegal to spear in Federal waters? particuliarly in the Gulf of Mexico. I know the list for Texas State waters but everything I've found regarding federal waters reads like any fish is legal to spear if its legal to catch with a rod and reel. The only exception I've found is Billfish cannot be kept unless caught on rod and reel. Anyone?????? :06:

outlawaggie:
Does anyone know if there are any species that are illegal to spear in Federal waters? particuliarly in the Gulf of Mexico. I know the list for Texas State waters but everything I've found regarding federal waters reads like any fish is legal to spear if its legal to catch with a rod and reel. The only exception I've found is Billfish cannot be kept unless caught on rod and reel. Anyone?????? :06:

I'm pretty sure it's like line fishing. You're port of call determines the regualtions you must follow. IE, if you put in at a dock in Louisiana, fish south of Mississippi, then come back to Louisiana, you follow Louisiana laws.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom