clear mask starting to yellow - why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
the cressi big eyes mask i have, it is starting to yellow real bad in some areas, what can i do to prevent this from happening?

Keep it away from your wetsuit or anything with neoprene... it stains clean silicon. One reason I prefer black skirt.

ah jeez! no wonder! thanks folks. I've been keeping it in the same scuba cargo box where the wetsuits go in.

i was never told about that :-( oh well

ThatsMe:

Ugly, weathered gear is a sign of experience! Keep the mask, patch the suit, and get some scratches on your tanks and the DM's will have more respect for you!

Don

Pretty much agree with Don....diver shows up with well-weathered gear, and I figure he/she's not going to be much of a problem. Brand new, just out of the box gear, and I usually need to watch that person more closely....like 1) the person who used her mask but hadn't yet removed the little sticker on the lens, and 2) the guy who told me his fins hurt his feet....you know those little plastic inserts you use so the foot pocket holds its shape? He'd been WEARING the fins with them in all along. Took them out, and the fins were much more comfortable!

you know those little plastic inserts you use so the foot pocket holds its shape? He'd been WEARING the fins with them in all along. Took them out, and the fins were much more comfortable!....

Quality, never heard that one before,

mtiffee:
Keep it away from your wetsuit or anything with neoprene... it stains clean silicon. One reason I prefer black skirt.

Agree. Both of my masks are in black!!!

Ciao,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom