Revolutionary type of fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They have certainly experimented with many different styles, I have tried some and liked them but to be honest I like the weight and stiffness of Jetfins over most anything.

Force fins have been around for quite a while and some people swear by them, others swear at them.....but this is the case with nearly all fins you'll come across.
Me I'm happy with my Jetfins

I stumbled upon an ad claiming to have a revolutionnary type of new fin.

They certainly aren't new. They've been around a long time. Revolutionary? I guess that depends on how you define the word. They are certainly different. I've tried them. If you have good technique, you won't like them. They are the best fin for divers who bicycle and don't want to fix their technique. OTOH, even with the bicycle kick, they don't measure up to good technique and almost any other fins on the market.

i love my force fins. i agree with the poor technique comment
but not in a negative way
with these fins all you have to do is wiggle your ankles and you are moving
so they are perfect when a small movement is required

i saw them everywhere when i lived in tampa
almost every shop swore by them

when i got to texas you wouldnt believe the stares
but when i started loaning them out opinions were quickly swayed to favor them

i did see a review on them online once a couple of years ago where they hooked people to breathing machines and had them use various fins. of course numbers can be changed to say anything but the force fins scored extremely well compared to the rest as far as ease of use

me personally i like the way i dont need to worry about them falling off

Not to put you off but really, do a search on Force Fins...tons of good arguments to read.

check out the "Are Force Fins really that bad? raypau38" thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom