Wrinkle October Dive WHERE??

Wrinkles October Dive Where??? You choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So the other poll is determing the when, now for the where?
San Diego, Malibu, Laguna, Palos Verde? You decide.

Vote for as many spots as you like. A bell curve will developed with a universal favorite.

So lets hear from you.

San Diego, I will have to travel at least 15miles though.......... Here is the problem with diving in La Jolla. The shores is a great dive, but we will be going deep, at 100ft (40-50ft of viz) if we do the North Wall, most impressive in my opinion. If we decide to do the second dive at the Cove (20ft+ viz), we have a parking problem. Unless we get someone with a truck to cart us and the equipment there. Guess we could always do the Marine Room on the second dive. What do you think Sean???

ShakaZulu:
...if we do the North Wall, most impressive in my opinion. If we decide to do the second dive at the Cove (20ft+ viz), we have a parking problem. Unless we get someone with a truck to cart us and the equipment there. Guess we could always do the Marine Room on the second dive. What do you think Sean???
Geeze, you are fast. You would think as the guy who posted the poll and then immediatly went to vote it I would have been first, but nooooo, ya beat me with your vote. Wow.

Yes, a second dive at the cove could present a parking problem. There is the parking garage (up the hill to Prospect and turn right and immediatly right again into the parking garage), so we could drop off our gear and leave a guard and park there (which is what I usally do).

Open to suggestions for other sites. Marine Room sounds good too.

I think we could have a few dives at the Shores. Some can go more shallow (60 feet or so) and enjoy the diving, while others can go check out the deeper sites. Our scooter dive was pretty shallow and was very impressive in terms of critters (schools of bass and yellowtail) and we could have seen much more had we explored the holes in the canyon walls. I think the depth is not a major issue as long as you don't exceed your NDL :)

When I voted for the WHEN poll, I was thinking for day dives. Night dives opens up a whole other world of possibilities, since I work Sat. mornings, but am free after 1pm. Didn't even think about that until I saw the pm choices here! :11:

My thinking is that, since we're coming up to lobster season, a lobster dive somewhere should be an option - either for the next one or for November. Granted - the sheer number of all of us will scare away the bugs, but it would be a fun experience nontheless!

El Matador ??? I would LOVE to dive there (if you haven't been there, it's my vote for the most beautiful beach in SoCal), but the hike up the cliff with all the gear is a killer, no? Even without gear it's tough. And Sean and Shaka would have to leave now to get there in time.

The thing I like about Malaga Cove is that there's never a problem with parking, and there's lots of it. No "facilities" though.

Assuming we'll be making a day of it, we'll want someplace with a nice beach or somewhere to kick back and have a picnic lunch.

I'd love to do both Moss St. and Marineland, since I've never doveded at either place before. I've heard parking at Moss St. is pretty limited.

La Jolla Cove is cool (if we can get there early enough to find parking, right?), but the Shores is too deep for me. :11:

ShakaZulu:
San Diego, I will have to travel at least 15miles though.......... Here is the problem with diving in La Jolla. The shores is a great dive, but we will be going deep, at 100ft (40-50ft of viz) if we do the North Wall, most impressive in my opinion. If we decide to do the second dive at the Cove (20ft+ viz), we have a parking problem. Unless we get someone with a truck to cart us and the equipment there. Guess we could always do the Marine Room on the second dive. What do you think Sean???

The north wall sounds good to me. If a truck is required to taxi all the equipment to drop off site from the parking area, I can do that as well, for those that need it.

I have never heard any good viz reports from Orng Cty Laguna Beach Reef Point (Crystal Cove Park) 0800 AM???

I gots lots of truck, can haul mas stuff.

mccabejc:
I've heard parking at Moss St. is pretty limited.

No kidding on that! I was there yesterday (of course, once again I got myself up in the wee hours of the morning to find conditions that were too poor to dive. Talk about waves! They were big and breaking right on the rocks...). Anyway, the parking there is extremely limited - 6 spots, max. And, good luck if those are even available. That would be a tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom