Moving to Puget Sound area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert Diver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm moving out to the Puget Sound-Olympia area within a few weeks. I want to get in the water soon after I get established. I'm looking for dive buddies or clubs etc. to get oriented to all the best local diving.

Looks like Uncle Pug gets a new play toy --errr-- dive buddy :eek:ut:

[groucho]But seriously folks,[/groucho]

There are several good folks in the Seattle area... ScubaKat and Uncle Pug to name a few. And from all that I have learned about them through this board, they are some good folks to buddy up with.

--TM (this space for rent, only witty comments may apply)

Let us know when you make it here DD. We will be sure to introduce you to the locals.

-K

Does this mean I get another new buddy? Cool - I need more buddies - pleanty of water but not enough dving fools...

Give a howler when you get up here - I'm relatively close to you... (Relative being a relative term and all - but I'm closer than UP and scuba kat)

Big T

WetDane once bubbled...
Does this mean I get another new buddy? Cool - I need more buddies - pleanty of water but not enough dving fools...

Give a howler when you get up here - I'm relatively close to you... (Relative being a relative term and all - but I'm closer than UP and scuba kat)

Big T
I will be in Seattle July 10-July16 and hope to dive, but need
a buddy, please inform me of options in that area.
Thanks for any help,
JAG/Chattanooga

There's a scuba board similar to this one, but dedicated to diving in the Pacific Northwest ...

http://www.northwestdiver.com/forums/index.php

I notice quite a number of folks from there over here.

Hop on that board when you get to town and I assure you you'll find all the local dive buddies you can hope for. If you're moving to Olympia, you can hook up with any number of folks from either the Tacoma or Portland/Vancouver area ... they're often diving Hood Canal and the south Sound.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have another thread going on this.. but I think were trying to do a dive day thing August 3rd... you're more then welcome to join!:)

Kayla:)

Desert Diver,

There are 2 dive shops in Olympia, Underwater Sports Olympia(PADI) and Capitol Divers, (SSI) In Tacoma, there are 2 shops, Lighthouse Dive Center (NAUI) and Underwater Sports Tacoma (PADI). If you are Military, you can also use the Ft Lewis Dive shop (PADI).

There is some great shore diving and 2 good dive charter companies that operate out of Tacoma as well. All the shops have active scuba clubs/groups and many of us instructors/divemasters do weekly dives with the shops.

PM me and I will be happy to hook up and dive with you when you get to town.

Amy

Back
Top Bottom