Photoshop Training Camp Oct 21...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
http://www.software-cinema.com/camps/

In this workshop, Jim will demonstrate problem-solving techniques using digital capture and Photoshop that apply to every field of photography. Using the procedures and processing shortcuts that have been developed for commercial photography clients, Jim will explain how to streamline the workflow to improve quality and save time.

• Different types of high end digital cameras and what type of Assignments are right for them
• Determining proper exposure values for digital capture
• Understanding bit depth, resolution, and file format for professional jobs
• Customizing Photoshop’s settings to work for your specific needs
• Working with layer blending modes and adjustment layers for photographic corrections
• Managing large project files from concept to archiving
• Camera techniques that were never possible before digital capture
• Creating Photoshop actions, batch processing, and droplets for automated photographic corrections
• Creating multiple exposures of the photographic image to blend the best parts into one perfect exposure
• Repairing damaged files and poor lighting conditions
• Using selection and layer masking for the multiple image montage
• Using light painting and selective focus for creative effects
• Sharpening the files the right way for the print
• Repairing damaged files and poor lighting conditions
• Creating black and white images with incredible tonal control
• Managing large photographic files from concept to final delivery
• Working with art clients over the internet for job approval using Photoshop's Web Gallery

Anyone else interested in going?

Dee:
Anyone else interested in going?
That sounds VERY interesting, and cheap at $25 each. Thanks for the heads up!

I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish

What's the difference (besides $25) between the Training Camp and the Training Camp Live?
The bottom one is coming to LA, which is great and I'd be interested, except I'm going to be out of town that day. Too bad, but this looks like a great resource - I'm going to pass it on to the So Cal Oly User's Group. Thanks for sharing!

saf_25:
What's the difference (besides $25) between the Training Camp and the Training Camp Live?

Learn Adobe Photoshop techniques from the very best masters in the industry, in person.

Wonder if Training Camp just means PP presentations or something? I really don't care, live person or not, I'll get $25 worth out of it!

Dee:
Learn Adobe Photoshop techniques from the very best masters in the industry, in person.

Wonder if Training Camp just means PP presentations or something? I really don't care, live person or not, I'll get $25 worth out of it!
Yes, I would assume that would be it. But, the other is still someone presenting the info, so maybe it's a video or something instead. Like you said, for $25, though, that's still not a bad price to pay. Please, keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

justleesa:
I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish

you took the words right out of my mouth!

The "LIVE" seminars ($49-75/door) are the only ones where you get "Jim" demonstrating. The "Training Camp" ($25) consists of: "methodically produced high definition digital movie demonstrations covering a variety of professional topics."

The "LIVE" seminar won't be in Houston - or Phoenix. So it's $25 to watch the videos. I question what kind of "experts" will be on hand for $25 - but then I'm a pessimist by experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom