Oceanic Mask with built-in HUD display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rimp

Contributor
Reaction score
I asked Oceanic when they would have this available for retail. Here is the reply;

The HUD mask is not available yet, but is planned to be released soon after October. You can find out more information on the mask on our web page,
http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_computers_iddm.html

I am not sure what it will sell for, but I assume it will be around the $1000 mark.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Christopher Schreuder
Oceanic Customer Service

Seems like a lot of money to spend on a mask, but a really cool idea.

I think it would be ideal if it had a compass in it as well though. Using a compass as an attachment (console or wrist mounted) can be a pain sometimes and seems very hokey in how it works (has to be level to work, slow to update, dependent on how you hold it etc).

Anyways, just wanted to throw this out in case anyone hasn't seen it before (like me).

More applicaple to the US navy/James Bond I think. Guess I'm going to loose my Cressi-Sub Big Eye vision...........

Rimp:
I asked Oceanic when they would have this available for retail. Here is the reply;

The HUD mask is not available yet, but is planned to be released soon after October.

This was the standard Cochran response for how many years? Until they finally figured out it didn't work, and there weren't enough people stupid enough, outside the Pentagon, to buy one anyway.

From what I have heard it is to be around the 1g mark.

Back
Top Bottom