Aeris Atmos ai users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to buy one of these and was ready to purchase. But after talking with a salesman at the dive shop I wasn't so sure.

He said the battery life is very bad and that you could only get 15 to 20 dives before the battery needed to be replaced.

His shop sales Aeris but they also sale Sunto. He recomedened the Sunto just for that reason. Now I'm not sure myself. So I thought I would go to the source and ask those of you who own these models for your experiences and first hand opinions.

Is this true?

Are there any other problems with this model I should know before I buy?

Up to 40 dives on this computer and still going strong. I like this computer and have previously had a sherwood.

I think the sales person is misleading you on battery time.

WVDiver:
I am looking to buy one of these and was ready to purchase. But after talking with a salesman at the dive shop I wasn't so sure.

He said the battery life is very bad and that you could only get 15 to 20 dives before the battery needed to be replaced.

His shop sales Aeris but they also sale Sunto. He recomedened the Sunto just for that reason. Now I'm not sure myself. So I thought I would go to the source and ask those of you who own these models for your experiences and first hand opinions.

Is this true?

Are there any other problems with this model I should know before I buy?

20 dives...no way. Maybe 200. If you get one and you have problems with the battery call Aeris and ask them. I am sure they would tell you to send it in or take it back to your LDS. I like the Aeris comps.

I had an Aeris 300g and got really crappy battery life out of it. If you didn't dive that often, I could see 20 diving days (as opposed to actaul dives) being the right number. I have to assume an AI computer will use more battery time than my 300g.

The 300G version was not good on battery life - primairly because the backlight button would light up both the computer and pressure gauge, and would do it even on land, so if you packed it and the button got depressed, you'd suck down the battery on the way to your dive destination.

The newer versions are much better, use a different battery, and we are getting many more dives... I'll agree with the 200+ estimate...

I have at least 100 dives on mine with no battery problems at all, and I've used it on plenty of night dives. I like the computer. It is a bit more liberal than the Suunto so be careful with pushing it to the limits. Personly, I dive one of each; Aeris AI and Suunto Stinger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom