sad news ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
For those of you who have been fortunate enough to have known Dave Christie ... founder of Rendezvous Lodge in Barkley Sound, B.C. ...

Subject: Sad news about Dave

Hello everybody. Dave died yesterday afternoon at the Nanaimo Hospital. All of Dave's kids -Sandy, Deanna & Cherie and James and myself were with him right to the end. He fought so hard to live but it seems all the treatments were just too hard on his body. A few days before he died he came out of his semi-coma and was able to tell us that he loved us and wanted some kisses. It was a very special day and we are so thankful for it. By the next day, he was coma like again and it just got worse till he died. I and the kids are all so sad. We were so sure that Dave would beat it. After all, he was able to fix just about everything - even if it tooks some inovations and duct tape. He so wanted to live and fought right to the end.

During the last few months, Dave and I have had lots of time to talk about things. He loved his life and if anyone ever asked about retiring, he always would say that he was already living his retirement dream. We had lots of plans made for the future and he was looking forward to more diving with friends and more travel and time visiting family. He had money put aside for a motorcycle and Dave's kids were getting his old riding boots all cleaned up for his 65th birthday in November. Dave said that if he did go, he really hoped that everyone would not be too sad for him - he had no regrets and we were able to do anything we wanted all these years. Our customers were our friends. Live life to the fullest was Dave's motto.

There will be a celebration of Dave's life at 2 PM on Monday the 27th at the Parksville Funeral Chapel at 1000 Allsbrook Rd.

Bye for now
Renate

Dave & Renate Christie
3397 Blueback Drive
Nanoose Bay, B.C.
V9P 9H9
email: renates@island.net

Renate is correct ... their customers were their friends. I am fortunate to have numbered myself among them.

To use one of Dave's favorite sayings ... "bloody 'ell" ... I'm not a drinking man, but tonight I'll be having a Scotch as a toast to the memory of a friend ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I never had the chance to meet him, but his family and freinds will be in my thoughts and prayers during this sad time.

Thoughts & prayers to Renate, her family & friends.
May we all be as blessed to have a chance to live a retirement dream!
Life is far too short, and yes should be lived to the fullest.

SP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom