New Suunto Dive Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got a newsletter from Suunto and they are promising a updated, 2.0 Dive Manager for their dive computers.

More New Suunto Diving Products
Suunto Dive Manager (SDM) 2.0 software includes many new features like a new user interface (consistent with other Suunto Activity Managers), the possibility to add pictures and multimedia, dive comparison, flexible folder structure and more. SDM 2.0 will be available this fall.

Sounds good, and about time as well.

Lets hope its decent. SDM is "ok" as it is but nothing spectacular.

I hope they've fixed all of the crappy non-standard windows stuff. PDA version would be even BETTER.

You can actually get it now. From the Suunto Diving page, go to the D9 Information page and click on Software.

From here you can download Dive Manager 2.0.1.

WileEDiver:
You can actually get it now. From the Suunto Diving page, go to the D9 Information page and click on Software.

From here you can download Dive Manager 2.0.1.

For what it's worth, SDM2 looks much better than 1.6 and has some nice new features as well (e.g. attaching photos to a log entry).

I was able to import my old 1.6 dive log file into SDM 2 with limited hassle. However, I cannot connect my Mosquito to SDM 2. SDM 1.6 and SDM 2 can co-exist so for now, I'll likely use 1.6 until there is bug fixed release. If you browse some of the other forums here, you'll see that this is a common problem. There are some other issues being reported (e.g. onscreen errors, SQL errors) as well.

Bottom line seems to be... great improvements functionally, but I'll wait until it's stable before replacing SDM 1.6.

Back
Top Bottom