Cleaning Ocean Master mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolfie_47

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just picked up a new Ocean Master Z2 mask. I was casually looking over the Info that came with it and noticed it said not to use toothpaste as a cleaning agent. The lens are glass so I can't imagine that toothpaste would be able to cause any damage and I have always used it on my other mask's. Anybody have any further info on this? :06:

Yes, I saw that instruction on the last OM mask I bought too! So I asked my LDS owner what to use? Answer "Toothpaste". I did. I works fine. I think OM is trying to sell a special cleaning agent but no one is buying it.

Toothpaste is your best bet. Just make sure it is a paste and not a gel. Also, I don't know if this is true or not, but I was told not to use a tartar control toothpaste because it is more abrasive and might scratch. :06:

Thanks for the info, the mask gets a flouride treatment tonight :eyebrow:

scuba_frog:
Toothpaste is your best bet. Just make sure it is a paste and not a gel. Also, I don't know if this is true or not, but I was told not to use a tartar control toothpaste because it is more abrasive and might scratch. :06:

Since it's tempered glass... unless the tarter control toothpaste has diamond dust in it... you're probably ok. Besides, there's nothing worse than a nasty tartar buildup on a mask! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom