Looking for ol Hawaiin dive buddy in Northwest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saildiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Fairfield, Iowa, USA-and on our sailboat Mana-Ni-W
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Aloha,Liko if you are reading this.Liko Self and I studied Marine Biology together on the Big Island of Hawaii from 73-76.During that time we researched pretty much the entire Kona coast-did underwater mapping of certain sites,did fish,coral and invertebrate baseline counts;studied water clarity,discovered the Hawaiian Garden Eel and dove all over the island in some of the most unreachable and pristine sites from South Point to North Kohala. From wild rocky shores and small little fishing boats, seeing huge schools of dolphins almost daily,sharks,including large great hammerheads, and a hammerhead breeding ground,Tiger sharks,lots of Mantas and very frequently vis at 200 ft-What an incredible time we had before the ocean became less pristine!But I've lost track of you-where are you? The last I heard you were at the of U. Washington or Oregon teaching Marine Biology.If any one out there knows where Liko is or how I can reach him-contact me.Mahalo....Your old dive buddy ....Russ EnglandMD saildivers@hotmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom