2004 gear price DROP in 2005????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new to this, and looking at equipment. I know that many products (cars are a perfect example) get vast reductions EVERY model year as the new latest/greatest can't live without STUFF hits the market.

Is this trend true in Scuba gear? Would I be wise to *wait* until 2005 to purchase a Dive computer, or other STUFF?

I've narrowed down my choices to a couple dozen puters :wink:, but would *hate* to purchase, only to find that in a couple months all the prices drop like a rock with NEW MUSTHAVE stuff announced, and available.

Thanks,
Ron

not really. the prices just will drop when a new model comes out, thats all.

RonFrank:
I'm new to this, and looking at equipment. I know that many products (cars are a perfect example) get vast reductions EVERY model year as the new latest/greatest can't live without STUFF hits the market.

Is this trend true in Scuba gear? Would I be wise to *wait* until 2005 to purchase a Dive computer, or other STUFF?

I've narrowed down my choices to a couple dozen puters :wink:, but would *hate* to purchase, only to find that in a couple months all the prices drop like a rock with NEW MUSTHAVE stuff announced, and available.

Thanks,
Ron

Most shops will have end of season sales to try and clear out stuff they have in-stock - which for the most part is masks, fins, and snorkel and wetsuits from many seasons past (some going back to the 70's)...

In general shops around here do not have anything I want to buy in-stock. They may have low-middle end BC's and regulators. They end up having to order in everything I'd want - and then it'd take forever. So I usually opt to purchase online because their heavily discounted prices are still higher than the everyday LP price.

And new models come out only every few years. The life span of dive computer models is usually at least 5 years.

Of course, there is that risk where the particular model you buy gets replaced right after you buy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom