Where to get a bottom timer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So between this last weekend and the one before I seem to have lost my computer. This sucks and I need to replace it, so I was just going to pick up a bottom timer.

Does anyone know a better place than LP to buy one? Cheaper is better since I'm very, very broke at the moment. Anyone selling one used?

You can get an OMS bottom timer through Leisure-Pro for $139.95.

Dang !!!!
Wish I could retract that post !!!

Sorry, Jon. Guess I need to comprehend the original post before I send a post in response.

Dennis

$139? Their web site lists at $179.. what am I missing?

If you're just looking for a cheap bottom timer...do what we used to do in the "old" days...get a cheap watch from the local grocery store/convenience store/drug store/dollar store.

I still dive with my $9.99 Sharp special, good to 330ft (although my computer and digital gauge are my primaries).

I have a watch, but I need a depth gauge, and really don't want to have to deal with two instruments or an analog depth gauge.

I have been using a Timex Helix that has a dive log function. Provides bottom time, max depth and temp. While you are diving, it looks much like a dive computer to provide current depth and timer to show how long you have been below 5 feet. After surfacing, it shows max depth and bottom time.

I does not store this information as a typical dive computer would log your dives, so you need to write the information down after each dive.

It's a little bulky to wear as a regular watch, but it has a lot of features I've really been pleased with. I think I paid about $120 for it through the Timex web site.

Ron

roncreel:
I have been using a Timex Helix that has a dive log function. Provides bottom time, max depth and temp. While you are diving, it looks much like a dive computer to provide current depth and timer to show how long you have been below 5 feet. After surfacing, it shows max depth and bottom time.

I does not store this information as a typical dive computer would log your dives, so you need to write the information down after each dive.

It's a little bulky to wear as a regular watch, but it has a lot of features I've really been pleased with. I think I paid about $120 for it through the Timex web site.

Ron

does it have a stopwatch feature?

Alarm (loud enough to wake me), stopwatch (chrono), Dive log, dive chrono, timer, alternate time zone, 24 or 12 hour display.

Oh, and it's also a watch. Time and date display. Comes in blue.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom