Looking to buy a new computer....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

netmage

Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Gang,

Currently I have a Uwatec Air Z Nitrox and no major complaints with it except the algorithim loves to stack on stops at 10'. So by the time you turn the dive w/ 5 minutes of deco obligation and start your ascent - you may have another 5+ waiting for you at 10'. So it dosn't really give you credit during the ascent, or any other time except between 18'-8' (or so according to the ScubaPro rep...) I love the wireless air integration feature - but recognize its really a crutch for proper gas management planning and is not a requirement for my next computer. (I keep an SPG on left d-ring)

So right now I'm tinkering with the ideas of the new Alladin TEC, Smart TEC, or a Vytec.

The TEC's have the Uwatec adaptive algorithim, the Vytec uses RGBM. I'm a fan of deep stops & try to incorporate the concept of minimum deco into my dive profiles.

Since no one likly has the new Uwatec's specifically - can anyone describe how the Uwatec adaptive & Vytec RGBM algorithm is w/ decompression obligations & the ascent curve. (aggressive? conservative? etc... just looking for experiences)

-Tim

netmage:
Since no one likly has the new Uwatec's specifically - can anyone describe how the Uwatec adaptive & Vytec RGBM algorithm is w/ decompression obligations & the ascent curve. (aggressive? conservative? etc... just looking for experiences)
I was wondering the same thing. I downloaded Suunto Dive Manager and have been plugging in various dive profiles to see what it does. If you go into deco and start to ascend, it will call for a deep stop, but if the ascent rate is slow, it will shut up until the safety stop.

Just so the deco police don't come looking for me, I am not trained in deco diving and I am not advocating diving your Suunto computer beyond the NDL limit. Blah, blah, blah.

Back
Top Bottom