A little Help Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rpdives

Reaction score
:11: Hello,

I am fairly new to this forum and I was looking for some info(please). I am looking to get certified next summer for OW. The only thing I am able to do at this time is to snorkel. I live in Los Angeles and I was wondering if anyone knew some good areas I can check out. I am really wanting to learn this sport but know very little of both. Can anyone one help? Thank you :newbie:

rpdives:

I am fairly new to this forum and I was looking for some info(please). I am looking to get certified next summer for OW. The only thing I am able to do at this time is to snorkel. I live in Los Angeles and I was wondering if anyone knew some good areas I can check out. I am really wanting to learn this sport but know very little of both. Can anyone one help? Thank you :newbie:
I can't help you with snorkeling spots in LA, but I see quite a few snorkelers where I dive in Laguna, around Shaw's Cove & Crescent Bay. If you are looking for more information on scuba or a good local shop, both can be found easily. Scubaboard is one of the best resources in the world for information as well. If you have any specific questions, please post again.
Good luck,
Kevin

rpdives:

Go west young man. There are plenty of places to start in So Cal.

Malaga Cove in PV is an easy place to snorkle with fish, etc. It is easy to get to and generally a shallow spot.

I usually wouldn't recommend Veterans Park in Redondo for snorkling, but lately the visability has been amazing and schools of young bat rays have cruising around the 10-15 foot depths, however, be prepared for mostly sand as there is no reef structure.

Back
Top Bottom