5 Best Dive Sites in Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaevis

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would really appreciate some advice here.

As I'll be going to Philippines for business, I have decided to squeeze in a day of diving at Puerto Galera on Sunday (25 Sep), before I get back to Manila in the evening on the same day.

I guess I'll be pretty limited to 3 day dives based on my time schedule. So, please tell me which are the 5 best dive sites around there.

I am a relatively experienced diver with about 400+ dives so far, so I reckon I should be able to handle most of the advanced sites. I wish to do solely air, no mix gases, so no more than 60m/200ft for me.

Thanks!

The Canyons, MV Alma Jane/St. Christopher, The Hill (if you want to see Mandarinfish), Shark Cave, Kilima Steps. Also, if you have time, try to make it to Verde Island - it's very beautiful.

Managed to get the last ferry to Sabang Beach. Did my night dive almost immediately after checked in... haha. Managed to squeeze in 5 dives at Sabang Wreck, Canyons, Alma Jane/St Christopher Wreck, Ernie's Cave, West Escarceo/Hole in the Wall.

It was a great getaway before starting work on Monday!

You'll have more time to dive , relax and enjoy the dive sites.

working in manila, we do weekend trip, even day trip dives to Batangas.

In Batangas check out the so called "isla" dives. around Sombrero island. get a group that goes to 90ft around that area and you'll see sharks shying away from divers .

at Mainit point, there are strong currents , sure sighting of sharks at 90ft to 100. with a gorup of large baracudas too.

I wish I could spend more time here in Philippines, but I'm only here till Thursday for business. Will keep these info in mind and sure to make it a point to dive other sites the next time I'm back here.

This is a beautiful country.

Thanks everyone for your response.

Safe diving.

I suggest your night dive can go to Sea Grass, there are lots of strange thing include hairy frog fish. And since you only have one day in PG, I suggest you should chat with the diveing center to arrange your dive earlier, cause Alma Jane, the Canyons, Shark Cave are quite deep over 20 meters. you can't go dive this three sites in one day. And I think you can take the last dive in Sabang Wrecks to enjoy the clean water, aggresive bat fishs and beautiful wrecks there.

How is this area?
I was at a recent SCUBA exposition and the booths made it look nice but actual video shot there made it look slight on coral growth.

Back
Top Bottom