Lost mask at La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There is a really nice Tulsa "Visualator" mask (blue, clear skirt) with attached snorkle, neoprene strap and some green vintl tape (to make it look unique) floating around some place at La Jolla. I was at DUI's "demo days" trying out a dry suit. My dive buddy was doing hiis first or second surf entry so I was ahead of him and looking to shore with my back to the rather small surf. Normally I would face outward toward the deep water but this time I wanted to watch buddy. I hear a wave and duck under water and the wave lifts the mask strap over my hood. It's the last one of those neoprene straps I buy. It's darn hard to hunt for a mask when you don't have a mask but we did find a yellow snorkel. Hiked back to parking lot to get spare mask. If you find it and want to return it, PM me otherwise now you know the story about where it came from. I'm buying a black skirted Visualator Monday morning and will waer the maskstrap inside the hood from now on.

BTW the DUI demo was my first trip to La Jolla. I had heard about the crowds but could not really believe it 'till I saw it. I've never seen SO MANY divers all at one place. I'll be back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom