Suunto Mosquito - Battery problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Washy

Reaction score
I bought my wife a Suunto Mosquito back in February and we've been using it on and off frequently with about 80 dives on it in the past six months.

However, three time in the past 3 months, (twice in the last month) it has reset itself. It remembers all the dives, but the date and time is reset. The last time was the other morning, just after its alarm went off.

The battery test shows a full charge and the battery compartment has never been opened. Has anyone experience this? I have no idea whether it's a battery problem or some sort of in-built reset that it triggered by pressing too many buttons (for example when trying to switch off the alarm). I have a Stinger, with no user-replaceable battery and have had no problems.

We're travelling at the moment so servicing options are probably limited.

Thanks SBers.

Washy.

Is this happening after a dive when you are on your Surface Interval? My wife had a problem with her mosquito, where after a dive (not every time) the mosquito would reset itself. It would keep the history but your surface inverval was not being calculated.

We returned it via our LDS to Aqualung and they replaced it with a new on in just over a week. Another 300 dives later this happened again (to the replaced one) sent it back and they replaced it, again new one.

Mine's been fine with going on 700 dives but I've heard of others with the similar problem.

Since you are traveling, and diving?? Make sure to back up your dive with tables just in case it resets.

chris

Washy:
No, we've had no problems when diving this is happening days after we have dived, when just using the Mosquito as a watch.

I once had the same problem, while preparing for a dive I discovered that it had reset the time/date. No problems since.

hmm, that's good it's not happening when you are diving. I'd still get it checked out when you return as it should not do reset as you are describing. If you do dive with it just note your in/out time and max depth as well as surface interval so you could use tables as a back-up if necessary.

Chris

Send it back.............

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Mosquito, and asked about an instructors experience of the computer, they said that theirs reset regularly and they had been told of other peoples doing the same.

"This Suunto Mosquito resets atleast once every 10 dives during the dive", they also said "I have so many dives logged as 1st of January".

I have come home to KL from Tioman :) and searched the Internet and this is the only other example of the problem I can find.

The only answer can be to send the computer back to Suunto.. but I am now nervous about buying one here in KL for my girlfriend... however I suppose with this knowledge in mind I will be sure to register it formally with Suunto incase of any problem.

regards,

Jon

Washy:
I bought my wife a Suunto Mosquito back in February and we've been using it on and off frequently with about 80 dives on it in the past six months.

However, three time in the past 3 months, (twice in the last month) it has reset itself. It remembers all the dives, but the date and time is reset. The last time was the other morning, just after its alarm went off.

The battery test shows a full charge and the battery compartment has never been opened. Has anyone experience this? I have no idea whether it's a battery problem or some sort of in-built reset that it triggered by pressing too many buttons (for example when trying to switch off the alarm). I have a Stinger, with no user-replaceable battery and have had no problems.

We're travelling at the moment so servicing options are probably limited.

Thanks SBers.

Washy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom