Timex Helix DM faceplate fell off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarkFrog

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
After its second immersion in the ocean(first time was swimming, second a dive w/ max depth around 15ft), the metalic faceplate of my Helix DM fell off. I was back home and holding it in my hand while putting my knife back on my bc when it caught on something and just popped off with almost no pressure being put on it.

I rinsed it thoroughly after both immersions, so I'm not sure why exactly it fell off. It seems like it was held in by 4 small pieces of double sided tape and some super glue. I'm going to try cleaning out the excess glue and tape and then using some seal cement to hold it in, unless someone has a better suggestion. I'll post some pictures if it works well.

Also, there's a hole with a tiny spring in it in the top left portion underneath the faceplate near the sensor. It seems like they put glue all around the hole that it goes in to seal it, but didn't put any other precautions for too keep water out of there in place. Anybody know what this is for?

The stock wristband isn't big enough to fit over my wetsuit. Has anyone else found a good replacement? I saw mention of the waterbourn wrist strap in another thread, but no confirmation on it.

-justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom