A question for my Fellow Northerners...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterbabie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
After all this hurricane "fun" we've been having, my buddies at work asked me an interesting question.

"Did you spend more time shoveling snow than you have preparing for the hurricanes?"

Anyone who has moved from the North to Florida have any comments?

I'd have to say, as of right now, I've shoveled more snow than prepared for hurricanes.

Never really had to shovel snow, but i do come from a higher latitude than Maine! Thank goodness for the gulfstream and jetstream, the only thing that keeps the UK from being an icicle, just like FL is only place around this southerly latitude that isnt a true desert! :wink:

I have spent more time sitting around waiting for the storm to come due to curfews and not wishing to spend days in lines than i have spent getting prepared for hurricanes (just kept the same stuff in my cupboards since the first one, havent had enough of a break to use any of it). I just cant take all the sitting around!

I was speaking with Smokeaire the other night while his power was off and we did agree that we would rather have it cold outside with logs on fire, rather than hot outside with AC not working, both due to the power being out. I just hate being hot and sweaty when the AC gives up. :wink:

True, I hate the no AC part. IF it's cold, you can always build a fire (that is if you have a fire place).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom