Wizard Publications' Guidebooks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkndivebum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
SInce it seems to be common to mention Wizard Publications guidebooks to
Kauai, The Big Island, Maui and Oahu, perhaps some moderator (hi, justleesa :wink:)
would consider making this note sticky.

The guidebooks are very, very good and chock full of useful information.

I agree -- these guidebooks are really fantastic! Lots of good maps and detailed directions for hikes, snorkel sites, and many "out of the way" places. Honest opinions about accommodation, restaurants, dive operators, and other activities and attractions. The authors live in Hawaii and these books are definitely a couple of notches above most!

I've used their Kauai and Big Island books and they're pretty indispensible. Especially for first-timers to the islands.

Of course, once you get there and see that just about *everyone* has one, you'd probably get curious :wink:

Gregg

Having lived in Hawaii since 1988, 90% of the stuff in the Wizardpub books still is new to me. I doubt there is one local alive who knows all the secret spots and tips from one of those books.

Must be great for the Wizardpub writers to be able to write off almost their ENTIRE EXISTANCE as a business expense.

Just look at the people flocking this month to Costco and Borders on Oahu to pick up their copy of the newly released Oahu Revealed. Most of them are Hawaii residents. If they don't use the book for their own adventures, they probably use it to entertain family and friends coming over to Hawaii to visit. In fact, I purchased a copy of Oahu Revealed for my sister's family's visit this Christmas. Since I won't be able to make it back to Hawaii until 10 days after they get here, my solution is simple: give them the keys to my vehicle and "Oahu Revealed". They won't even miss me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom