SUUNTO Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcramer911

Reaction score
When you SUUNTO dive computer owners sent your Stingers etc in for service, about how much did it cost for battery replacement, cleaning, etc???? AND how long did it take to get it back.

Had mine a little while, battery is ok, but it seems (and I just noticed it in a strong desk lamp) that there is a little "thread/small hair" like substance between the crystal and the display just to the right of the word SUUNTO on my Stinger. Computer functions fine, and this "inclusion" hasnt moved or affected operation. Just wondering if I need to send it in, or just keep on trucking....Will SUUNTO take it apart and clean it, inspect for a flat fee?? THANKS

You probably don't want to know.

For battery replacement, pressure testing and the new o-rings that were needed; it ran me $150 and took about a month before the shop got it back [IIRC; there was some confusion where they forgot to call when it finally did come back]

Dropped mine off 3 1/2 weeks ago to be serviced. I'm told that cleaning and parts replacement are included with the battery change, and that the price is around what Jeff noted.

I really like my Stinger, but I can't help thinking that I could buy a new Gekko (from LP every 3-4 years) for about the same cost as two service fees.

i sent mine in and had it back in about 1 month and it ren me about 45 bucks and that was for batteries orings and test.

That price is about right. If you live near chicago, you can bring it to the shop and usually have it in less than a day. AFIK, there is still only one shop in the US that does the battery service.

THanks for the responses. I called AquaLung and got some really great service guy that recommended that if it wasnt affecting the computer functions and wasnt making me crazy, that I wait until the battery change. He recommended the place in Chicago if I wanted to do it quickly. He said that sometimes the techs have been known to put the masks on upside-down and leave a big ole fingerprint on the glass. These are rare instances I was told. The website quotes $45 for service.

sharkbaitDAN:
AFIK, there is still only one shop in the US that does the battery service.

Is this only for the Stinger?

My LDS changes batteries for my Vyper, and the Vytec...It is around $20 as I recall....

Yeah, its only the stinger for which that is true. The other computers are all user replaceable batteries, and the instructions are in the user manual. The bezel and lens are removed to service the stinger, and for some reason I don't know, shops do not get certified to do it.

jcramer911:
THanks for the responses. I called AquaLung and got some really great service guy that recommended that if it wasnt affecting the computer functions and wasnt making me crazy, that I wait until the battery change. He recommended the place in Chicago if I wanted to do it quickly. He said that sometimes the techs have been known to put the masks on upside-down and leave a big ole fingerprint on the glass. These are rare instances I was told. The website quotes $45 for service.

I work for that Chicago shop who does all of the Suunto repair work. I haven't heard of any complaints about fingerprints on the glass. We now use a suction cup to hold the glass so we don't smudge it. That may have happened a long time ago (before my time).

Duane

I had the battery changed in my EON last month and it took them a couple of weeks to get the battery kit in. Once they did, I'm guessing it took 5 minutes, because I was charged $20 to replace the battery and o-ring, and to test the seal under pressure.

Batteries last 2 years on average. Since I bought the EON in 1994, that's a total of 5 batteries and $100 over the time I've owned it.

I'm planning to take Nitrox training next year, so I'll finally replace the EON with a Cobra... which has user replaceable batteries IIRC.

All in all, I have had great luck with my EON and wouldn't even consider another company for my next computer.

tachyon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom