Photo Subjects in Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcgowman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Am looking for some feeback regarding good dive sites in the Florida Keys for underwater photography.

I recently purchased a Nikonos V w/ Ikelite strobe and would like to start by shooting some macro subjects and/or subjects that would work with a 35mm lens.

Anybody out there have suggestions?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Are you wanting a particular reef or a particular key?
I've done Key Largo and Looe Key. I liked the reefs in Key Largo better. Don't get me wrong, Looe Key was full of photo opportunities, I just liked Key Largo better. As for which reefs, I loved everyone I went to. They were all steaming with photo possibilities.
I was shooting wide angle at the time but macro would have also gave me some wonderful shots. I'm hoping to go over Thanksgiving!

jason

I was thinking of Key Largo or Looe Key (have been there before), but was keeping an open mind for other/new spots.

mcgowman:
I was thinking of Key Largo or Looe Key (have been there before), but was keeping an open mind for other/new spots.

In Key West Five Fingers Reef has great macro opportunities as well as "ball and Chain" reef

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom