Conditions in the Keys? - Suggested Boats.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcgowman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'd like to go to the Keys this weekend for a little diving (getting tired of boarding up the house). Does anybody know how the conditions are lately? How's the viz? Is it churned up at all?

Thanks!

Dont know the conditions, but we really liked diving with Island Ventures - they really were no stress and had a nice fast boat, also had a good trip with Florida Keys Dive Centre - they were a little funny about scratching their new boat though! Others really like Tavernier Dive Centre - although i wasnt completely satisfied on that trip.

Give Cpt. Doug Morgan a call in Marathon Florida (305-289-0905) its at mile marker 50. He will know the conditions and he is excellent at finding great vis and has an excellent boat.

we have had good experiences in the past with blue water diver... havent been there in a while but I was actually talking to my wife about going down there next month probably for a day or two. :10:

They always have had reasonable prices also and dont put too many people in the boat.

peace
ivan

I was down 9/17-19 dove some wrecks in marathon and in Key West, the weather was pefect but the vis was spotty and around 25' at best. Have fun.
Mike

I also like divers city. Small to medium size boat, never crowded, let you dive where you want, drift, reef, wreck, tech, whatever. The best part is they DON'T LIMIT BOTTOM TIME!!! www.diverscityusa.com. In Tavernier. I will be there on Oct 6-10. Room on boat. 3 tank trips on 8th and 9th...

I have also used Horizon Divers. Very nice folks but not as flexible.

vis today in the upper keys, 50+ft with light winds. the weekend calls for winds east at 15kts(good vis). the above mentioned operators; island ventures, divers city and bluewater divers are all top of the line. come on down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I dive with innerspace 305 872 2319 they dive Adolphus Busch excellent Capt very willling to go wherever you need. 6 pak boat so you get personal attention. Give em a try if your going down that far.... Mile marker 29. Im going this sunday. Anyone interested let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom