SE beach diving viz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering if anyone has or is going out in the next day or so and can give an idea of the kind of viz there is off Ft Lauderdale or Hollywood area??

Although we like the idea of the viz improving out in the gulf stream for the friday night boat dive (10/1), to really make the trip worthwhile i would prefer to dive on saturday as well. I was really only contemplating beach diving as i am not made of money to afford several sets of boat dives over a weekend at the moment, only hotel rates, food and gas!

So what is the water like down there??? Otherwise its boat dive cancellation and off to the SW coast for teeth as viz doesnt matter so much :wink:

Your going diving this weekend? But there's another hurricane coming! :wink:

Just kidding...

simbrooks:
Just wondering if anyone has or is going out in the next day or so and can give an idea of the kind of viz there is off Ft Lauderdale or Hollywood area??

Although we like the idea of the viz improving out in the gulf stream for the friday night boat dive (10/1), to really make the trip worthwhile i would prefer to dive on saturday as well. I was really only contemplating beach diving as i am not made of money to afford several sets of boat dives over a weekend at the moment, only hotel rates, food and gas!

So what is the water like down there??? Otherwise its boat dive cancellation and off to the SW coast for teeth as viz doesnt matter so much :wink:

It was nice and calm today, looks like its starting to clear up. If it clears some, I may go for a dive tomorrow. I think the winds are supposed to pick up from the SE on Fri.

I stopped by my LDS in Palm Bay this afternoon, and they had just gotten back from diving Pompano. The reported the viz was 10-15'. A lot of sand on the reefs. I hope it improves soon, my skin is starting to get very dry...

The e coli counts are high, and the general funk in the wwater near shore makes me want to play backgammon instead of dive. Even today I saw another manhole cover bubbling on the way to work. And that runoff goes where???Call me silly, but those types of ear infections just don't seem worth rushing for.

MB:
The e coli counts are high, and the general funk in the wwater near shore makes me want to play backgammon instead of dive. Even today I saw another manhole cover bubbling on the way to work. And that runoff goes where???Call me silly, but those types of ear infections just don't seem worth rushing for.
Would ear drops after the dive help??

simbrooks:
Would ear drops after the dive help??

Can't hurt, but even if they are 98% effective, the 2% of the bugs they miss can cause serious unplesantness!

viz was lousy on wed maybe 25 foot. improved slightly to about 35 today... (all diving between 30-60 feet of depth)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom