Jeanne Damage Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here are a few photos of the Marina we keep our boat at. Fortunently for us, we moved the boat north about 20 miles and into a shallow stream where it had no damage. The photos are of Fins Marina at Sebastian Inlet, Florida. The hurricane came in about 5 miles south of here.

What a sight. I feel sorry for those that lost boats and the marina.

What a pain in the arse... hope they're insured.

Feeling badly for those people isn't helping them a bit, but I do.

It has to be a real pain cleaning up all of the mess that Francis Jeanne left behind.

Good luck to everyone affected!

Randy

Rice:
The hulls might be ok but hte motors, and electronics are definetly junk.
rice

Geez. Thank goodness I keep mine on a trailer. I would hate to have that happen to me or anyone else. ya could recover them but the engine depending on how long its been under will make a big difference, all the electronics are toast and more than likely you'll need to replace ALL the wiring in the boat from bow to stern.

I know I have seen a few boats here in Ft. Myers that were sunk, but that was because they didn't leave enough rope out for the surge and they let them hit the dock and they ended up under it as the water went out and the was flooded as the water returned.

I would blame the marina's for this if I could it is their job to ensure that all the boats are secured and moored correctly for a storm.
Thats my .02 cents

Salt water ruins the electrical system. Everything may work when it dries out, but little by little the wires and switch contacts start turning green. Replacing wiring is not fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom