Strobe Question (for both nikonos V and 5050)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
im looking at getting a nikonos V since i still shoot alot of film as well as digital (i have the pt-015, with c5050) but my question is will the modern strobes like DX90 and the Inons work with a nikonos V (even if adaptors is required is not a problem)or will i have to get a dedicated strobe just for the nikonos?

tooth

Yes, the YS90-DX works with any camera. I used to have it hooked to a 4040 to read the preflash, then the 5050 (preflash turned off), now the Canon 300D via 5 pin sync cord.

Check here for details... UWCP

Chris

chris

i knew that those storbes worked with the digitals but im wondering if they would work with the nikonos V

tooth

Yes they do. I still shoot my Nik V along with digital and can switch the strobes back and forth. YS90DX as well as Ikelite DS125 and any other strobe that has the five pin Nikonos plug which most use.

Scubatooth:
chris

i knew that those storbes worked with the digitals but im wondering if they would work with the nikonos V

tooth

I know, hence my statement "Yes, the YS90-DX works with any camera" and link to page saying it works with Nikonos. My post may not have been clear since I've only used it with digital.

Chris

Just another note the Inon Z series (Z220 or Z220S) strobes will also work with both. Either attach a Inon fibre optic or a nik sync cord. These strobes would be very good for someone in your position. I also prefer them to S&S because of how small they are.

lukeROB:
Just another note the Inon Z series (Z220 or Z220S) strobes will also work with both. Either attach a Inon fibre optic or a nik sync cord. These strobes would be very good for someone in your position. I also prefer them to S&S because of how small they are.

I agree as well, just switched from 90s to 220S

I agree

Inon is a much better unit for the digital, and will work with the Nik V

ok then another question will the inons work with S&S housings say for the 20D housing that there working on?

tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom