Giant schools of Mackerel - video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miket

Reaction score
Here is a short (5mb) video I shot of some giant Mackerel schools at Catalina Island on 09-19-04. It was amazing!

Giant schools of mackerel at catalina island

I am seeing more schools this year than last year at more sites around Southern California. I wonder why, was it last years big plankton blooms that made them breed like crazy?

- Cheers,
Mike
So Cal Dive Videos

miket:
Here is a short (5mb) video I shot of some giant Mackerel schools at Catalina Island on 09-19-04. It was amazing!

Giant schools of mackerel at catalina island

I am seeing more schools this year than last year at more sites around Southern California. I wonder why, was it last years big plankton blooms that made them breed like crazy?

- Cheers,
Mike
So Cal Dive Videos

Man. I remember when I dove the Park the weekend before I broke my leg - huge silver rivers swimming all over.

I gotta get back in the water soon. Nice job, Mike - Now I miss it more than ever. :11ztongue

Cruel, man.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom