Average cost for Nitrox course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the average cost for a nitrox course? The place in the Carribean I usually go to just got Nitrox and SeaDoo scooters, so I want to get trained for it before I go next summer. They want $250 for the course. Is that a good price?

Thanks

Depends on what it includes. Dives, tanks, gear rental, cert cost, materials?

I think in South Florida, the going price was like 100 to 150 dollars, but that did not include the materials, though two boat dives were included.

In western NC, the price seems to range from about $130 to no more than $170. $250 seems to be a little high for Nitrox. What has been everyone else's experience?

100-180, depending on tanks of nitrox supplied and boat diving fees included.

Basic Nitrox $100. TDI does not require any dives because there are no new in water skills. There are new skills but these are out of the water skills, in the water you just breathe normally as you do on air.

Mark Vlahos

I paid $100 for the basic TDI nitrox certification course. The class consisted of one 3.5 hour lecture, analyzing a fill, and a test. Overall, I felt good about the class, although I'll be reviewing the text and tables before doing my next dive with enriched air. I really don't know if the cert dives would have been helpful.

Nitrox around here is in the 150.00 range. It takes place at a quarry and the student pays for entrance. Sometimes there are specials like pay for 2 specialties get one free. Nitrox is only 2 dives so it shouldn't be too much.
DPVs are a lot of fun. The prices are coming down on them also. The lower end models cost about the same as the class to use them.

$100.00 - $150.00 For the Basic Nitrox Course here in the midwest. Supplies Included. But it also depends on the agency & Dive fees.

$150 including 2 tanks.

Seadoo scooters? Cool toy for snorkelling. I know they're rated for 60ft, but they're also pretty slow, and not being a tow-behind, will provide no experience useful for your future transitions to tech. Don't buy training from that shop just because they have Seadoos.

I think it has been said before, and its another thing that i dont think is a bad idea - a dive or pair of dives for the cert can put you in the mindset of ordering up your mix, analysing it, checking your table NDL (and working with computer on nitrox mode) and also its another dive or two in your log book. If it is included in the class i dont mind getting two tanks of nitrox and a boat trip for an extra $20-40 on top of a non-diving cert course, cheap for gas and dives in my book!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom