Ever Dive with Mike Severns Diving in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cagutzwiller

Reaction score
I'll be heading to Maui in December and am wondering if anyone has ever gone diving with Mike Severns Diving? How did you like their operation? If you didn't enjoy the experience, do you have any other dive boat operators you recommend?

Just about did, but they had cancelled their night dive, so I ended up with Ed Robinson's.

They're both quality ops that come highly recommended from anyone I've talked to... you can't go wrong with either.

Both Mike Severns and Ed Robinson's get consistently high marks on here.

If you are into marine biology, Mike Severns is THE operator to dive with. Superb briefings. The owner, Pauline is incredibly knowledgeable about the marine life, and the DMs are way above average in that area also. Pauline is the person that the other dive ops on Maui go to when they have a question about something they've seen underwater.

Good, safe operation. 12 passengers + 2 DMs. Nice comfortable boat.

In addition to the standard sites, they dive a few sites that others don't, and will sometimes dive out over the sand and algae areas, showing you the creatures that most others aren't aware of.

One reason they find other sites is that the Captain and mate usually go for an exploratory dive during your SI.

cagutzwiller:
I'll be heading to Maui in December and am wondering if anyone has ever gone diving with Mike Severns Diving? How did you like their operation? If you didn't enjoy the experience, do you have any other dive boat operators you recommend?

IMHO Mike Severns Diving, Ed Robinson Diving Adventures and B&B Scuba are the top three boat operators in South Maui.
Pauline Fiene-Severns is a marine biologist.
Just be sure to book your dives in advance as December is a busy month.

I'm going in Jan, anyone got a link to Mike Severns or Ed Robinson Diving? Thanks

I can recommend Maui Dreams in Kihei. Small groups for both shore and boat diving, really nice people, very up on species and specific spots to find unusual fauna. I did about 8 dives with them in March and enjoyed them all, from Molokini to Makena.

I went with Mike Severns this past May and they are absolutely fantastic. VERY small groups, excellent DMs, interesting SI and briefings (Mike Severns wrote the book on Molokini), quality rental equipment, and tasty cinnamon rolls!

Back
Top Bottom