downloading from nemo to iris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mointampa

Registered
Reaction score
I am getting the following error when trying to download from my mares nemo to iris "Sync error reading the serial port"

I am using windows xp and the serial port is configured with all the defaults (9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control, no fifo buffers) I have tried playing with the baud rate to no avail.

Has anyone come across this before? :06:

mointampa:
I am getting the following error when trying to download from my mares nemo to iris "Sync error reading the serial port"

I am using windows xp and the serial port is configured with all the defaults (9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control, no fifo buffers) I have tried playing with the baud rate to no avail.

Has anyone come across this before? :06:

I'm having the same problem.. what version of iris are you using? I've got the 2.0, but the nemo isn't an option.. I tried using the M1 RGBM b/c i figured it's the closest... what are you doing? Have you had any luck since your post?

Sam

managed to get it working on another computer by positioning the iris and nemo a bit further from the iris. I am using the beta version of the iris downloaded from www.mares.com/iris.asp which supports nemo. I think the problem occurs when there is a break in the IR transmission.

mointampa:
managed to get it working on another computer by positioning the iris and nemo a bit further from the iris. I am using the beta version of the iris downloaded from www.mares.com/iris.asp which supports nemo. I think the problem occurs when there is a break in the IR transmission.

Yep.. shortly after my post last night ifigured it out.. i think the main issue was the software... by switching to the beta, it worked after i repositioned a couple of times.

THanks, gl!

SAM

KangarooSeatbelt:
Yep.. shortly after my post last night ifigured it out.. i think the main issue was the software... by switching to the beta, it worked after i repositioned a couple of times.

THanks, gl!

SAM

Hi! Has anyone been able to get the IRIS to work with a USB/Serial converter? No luck so far on my part. Thanks,
Jon

jonwallace:
Hi! Has anyone been able to get the IRIS to work with a USB/Serial converter? No luck so far on my part. Thanks,
Jon

I haven't either... I've got a serial port, so I've just been using that. I heard rumors that mares was going to be moving the iris to usb, but I haven't seen any indications that they're actually going to start releasing them that way anytime soon.

Sam

Back
Top Bottom