Robo-leg Walks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It wasn't pretty. In fact, it was pretty freekin' ugly. Kinda mummy-esque... more of a Frankenstien lock-knee thing than a mummy drag-the-leg thing I guess.

I was crutch-walking along from the kitchen to my office this morning with breakfast in a bag (i convey food from kitchen to office in a paper handle bag I can hold while cturching along... its pretty lame) and I noticed I wasn't putting as much pressure on my hands as I usually do to hold myself up.

It wasn't as dramatic as Mary Lou in 'Scrooged' when she tosses the crutches and does a series of round-off back handsprings... but it was still pretty cool. The first time I carried the crutches. I just did a lap around my office with no crutches. Pretty neat.

These are my first steps in three and a half weeks. I'm feeling pretty grateful about now.

K

Awesome! Slowly but surely it will all come back.

Ok now, lets discuss the most random reference I have seen in a long time...Mary Lou Retton in Scrooged????????? :) :) :)

LOL

Kinda put a perspective on things most of us take for granted, eh?

"Can you get me to the IBC building in 15 minutes?"
"What floor?"

Robo,

Congrats!

It's great to hear that you are starting to "get back on your own two feet".

Take it slow though. You really do want this to heal properly.

Don't forget to sign up for the Wrinkles Dive in La Jolla. We'd all love to see you and give you our "get well soon wishes" in person. Besides, we need someone to watch the gear while we're diving. :D

All kidding aside though, you should ask you doctor what the best way to rehab your leg is for carrying all of the gear. I don't imagine that once you are OK walking without crutches that you should just throw close to 100 lbs of gear on your back and go dashing though the surf for a rock entry. :11:

Yeah, 'cause I imagine that's exacly what you were planning. :wink:

Hope you feel even better soon.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom