NetDoc Finished his Cavern today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well done Pete, even if i was never there for you as a cavern buddy!!! Maybe next course? Fred, were you there today giving him a "helping" hand or was it just Rick pulling tricks on him?

Let me guess, Paradise or Blue Grotto (as everywhere else seems completely underwater that you have to swim in from the entrance gate/shack or take a boat there)??

simbrooks:
Well done Pete, even if i was never there for you as a cavern buddy!!! Maybe next course? Fred, were you there today giving him a "helping" hand or was it just Rick pulling tricks on him?

Let me guess, Paradise or Blue Grotto (as everywhere else seems completely underwater that you have to swim in from the entrance gate/shack or take a boat there)??
No, Rick called me after they finished.
Rick had him all to himself. Maybe on intro.
I know I want to be there when you do yours Simon.
I get to go watch P2 finish her deco this weekend at 40 Fathoms.
This should be fun. :)

Paradise it was! And it was!

As many of you know, I had surgery on my hand two months ago, and have little to no strength and a lot of pain. However, spring water seems to be that PERFECT temperature so that it makes it feel a lot better.

Not being sick made a world of difference. Trim and buoyancy were where I expected them to be (no barfing in the cavern this time). I had to repeat only one drill, mainly because I did not understand what was being asked of me. I did have equipment issues at the very end of the dive... just as GDI was going to ask me to do my "valve drills" the left post reg (bungeed) took a major dump! Having a gimp hand worked to my disadvantage as I tried to hold the tank in place with the hurt one, so that I could turn with the second one. But I did it and turned the other post off and then on as well. Just to be safe we ascended with GDI donating in a touch configuration.

Funny thing... GDI had me put on his funky whited out mask and then let me go for the lost line drill. As I was in the "open" I oriented myself and dropped slowly to the floor... ONTO my lost line! WOOO HOOOOO. GDI didn't buy that though, and took me on a tour away from the line and let me do it again! Not a prob!

Rick is an awesome and patient teacher... has to be to deal with instructors who "know it all" :D

I did see a new "feature" while I was down there. There was a huge impression dug out in the sand... it looked liked where that croc hunter guy wrestled with a really big one. Crikey! There were fin marks EVERYWHERE, and what looked like a face print in the wall.

After the dive I asked GDI what might have caused that, as I have never seen that there before. "SimBrooks" was his reply. "You mean he did that during his lost line drill?" I queried. "No, just needs to work on that bouyancy a bit, eh!" :D

Congrats Pete

Good Job Pete!

When do you plan to do the 'pipe full of muck' speciality? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom