Visiting this weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

Now that we have a little 'break' in the hurricane activity, the boss lady and I are on our way to Ft. Myers for the weekend, to meet with folks down there about business opportunity and consider the move down. Hope the weather gods continue to provide their support.

If all works out, We'll probably be back down in the late winter/early spring, and I'll bring my gear on that trip and hope to meet with some of you and get in a dive or two.

Many thanks for all the info and support in my previous attempt to make the trip, look forward to meeting some of you in the next few months!

Aww, grab the basics of gear and head east! No need for drysuits and stuff...

So... I guess we'll see a "name change" on the horizon??? :D

Hope all goes well!

I asked on your b'day thread, but of course hadnt made it to the FCD forum at that time - maybe i am psychic??? :wink:

Shame you arent thinking of diving, its probably not so bad in most places this weekend. Might catch you in the spring. So is it going to be "Ft_Myers_Tom" or are you thinking of home being just outside of there and another name instead?? What about Tractor_Tom, at least that wont change with location :wink:

simbrooks:
I asked on your b'day thread, but of course hadnt made it to the FCD forum at that time - maybe i am psychic??? :wink:

Shame you arent thinking of diving, its probably not so bad in most places this weekend. Might catch you in the spring. So is it going to be "Ft_Myers_Tom" or are you thinking of home being just outside of there and another name instead?? What about Tractor_Tom, at least that wont change with location :wink:

Hey, I LIKE that Tractor_Tom handle.

Things in Florida went very well. We have a verbal agreement and I'm starting to put some things on paper that will eventually became a contract with the guys that I will be dealing with. We need to find a commercial space to rent around Fort Pierce/Loxahatchee/ PSL area. Should be on a major road and fenced, with at least one large garage door that I can turn into shop space. If any of you folks are commercial realtors, or can provide a contact to one, that works in that area, it may help us along.

I'm thinking that we are currently at the 70/30 mark, towards making the move and starting NEW.

We'll be back down in February if everything works out, in the car, with all my dive gear, to check spaces and maybe write a lease on some space. THEN, we can get in the water and dive a little bit. I might even slip down to the keys in the middle of the week to visit with my friends at Ocean Quest and make some dives with them.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the nice response. Look forward to meeting some of you kids in person.

Uh Tom,

leave the dry suits at home! :D Well, I guess it IS Febrruary. Nope, I would still leave them!

NetDoc:
Uh Tom,

leave the dry suits at home! :D Well, I guess it IS Febrruary. Nope, I would still leave them!

Easy for you to say Pete, the only wetsuit I own is a 3 mil shorty! If I dive down there in February, I'll need a full suit, I bet! I may have to shop for one on-line before we come down the next time....

Tom, whats the new venture?

Does this mean your getting an early out from SBC?

gedunk:
Tom, whats the new venture?

Does this mean your getting an early out from SBC?

It's not a "getting out early" is a "walk away" from SBC...I've had a bellyfull, liked it a lot better when we were Ameritech! The new venture is a tractor dealership, I think...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom