NiTek Duo & Tusa IQ 700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

russian_diver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I was trying to find the NiTek Duo but I haven't found it in Russia. But, when I compared NiTek Duo & Tusa IQ 700 they seem very similar. So, I think they both are identical but just have a different shell. Could someone clarify my suspicion?
If they are identical outside, are stuffing of them identical as well?

There are many shops who sell IQ 700 but there aren't shops with NiTek Duo.

Thanks In Advance,
R_D

russian_diver:
Hello!

I was trying to find the NiTek Duo but I haven't found it in Russia. But, when I compared NiTek Duo & Tusa IQ 700 they seem very similar. So, I think they both are identical but just have a different shell. Could someone clarify my suspicion?
If they are identical outside, are stuffing of them identical as well?

There are many shops who sell IQ 700 but there aren't shops with NiTek Duo.

Thanks In Advance,
R_D

I have heard that they are one of the same also, but can't confirm it.

If you can't find the Nitek Duo, you might be able to find the Apeks Quantum. Exactly the same computer. Not sure about the TUSA.

Hope this helps,

Phil

scubatoys:
They are all seiko computers - labeled for different companies. Tusa also includes a scratch protector for theirs which is nice.

What about the Cressi-sub?

I can't help on the Nitek, what about a VR-2 or VR-3? Has more features and allows you to upgrade as your diving changes.

Thanks a lot for helping.

I did a review of your suggestions on Russian market, but unfortunately any from those are not good for me. So,
1. VR-2, VR-3 - are the tech. computers and they are very expensive. They cost ~1000 and ~1500 USD. Now I'm not going to do hard dive. Maybe in some years, but not right now. So, in this case NiTek Duo will be good to be a spare/reserve computer.
2. Apeks Quantum - it costs 600$ in Russian, but if NiTek Duo and Tusa IQ 700 are similar to Apeks Quantum, Tusa IQ 700 costs 470$, what for to pay more?
3. To Evad - do you mean Archimede? Or maybe anything else? If so, the price looks good ~500$. BTW, I would like to have two mixtures/gas.
4. Scubatoys - you've said that "They are all seiko computers". What is a seiko? It is company who does the stuff for dive computers?

And one more question to US guys. I have a possibility to buy dive computer in US. I have some people who may do it for me, but they aren't divers. Therefore thye may only go to shop and buy. There are two types of calculating -
1. meters, celsius and so on.
2. foot, fahrenheit and so on.
So, the question is - Do they support the switching between these metrics? Or Do all devices, which sale in US, have only foot, fahrenheit parameters?

Sorry about isn't good English.

Thanks,
Dmitry

russian_diver:

4. Scubatoys - you've said that "They are all seiko computers". What is a seiko? It is company who does the stuff for dive computers?

And one more question to US guys. I have a possibility to buy dive computer in US. I have some people who may do it for me, but they aren't divers. Therefore thye may only go to shop and buy. There are two types of calculating -
So, the question is - Do they support the switching between these metrics? Or Do all devices, which sale in US, have only foot, fahrenheit parameters?

Thanks,
Dmitry

Yes Seiko is the actual company that makes these computers - then they sell them to the different companies that simply put their name on them - but they all come from the same factory.

All of these can switch from meters to feet, metric to imperial. So any of them will work for you, you switch it youself.

If they are not near a store that carries them in the US, we have shipped to motels all the time when people are visiting.

Don't worry about your english... it's a lot better than my russian!

russian_diver:

I did a review of your suggestions on Russian market, but unfortunately any from those are not good for me. So,
1. VR-2, VR-3 - are the tech. computers and they are very expensive. They cost ~1000 and ~1500 USD. Now I'm not going to do hard dive. Maybe in some years, but not right now. So, in this case NiTek Duo will be good to be a spare/reserve computer.
2. Apeks Quantum - it costs 600$ in Russian, but if NiTek Duo and Tusa IQ 700 are similar to Apeks Quantum, Tusa IQ 700 costs 470$, what for to pay more?
3. To Evad - do you mean Archimede? Or maybe anything else? If so, the price looks good ~500$. BTW, I would like to have two mixtures/gas.

Thanks,
Dmitry

You can get the Ni Tec duo at Diverite express for $400.00. Sorry scubatoys. Its all fair.

Back
Top Bottom