Hospital Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ANyone dove, and preferably has pics? I might try it this weekend.

I picked up the Ned DeLoach Diving Guide book today just so I could get a bit more info on some of the dives I see mentioned here on this forum. That one is a bit far :) atleast for a day trip.

Yeah, Ill be in Tampa this weekend though, and the offshore is shot, so were going to give it a try. Might set a dpeth record too.

Good luck
You'll need it from what I hear.
Even the sink holes down here have low vis right now.
I'm heading to good old Lake denton Sunday.
I got to get wet.
5 weeks dry is killing me.

jviehe:
ANyone dove, and preferably has pics? I might try it this weekend.

I have dove Hospital Hole many times. You will need a boat for the 1/2 mile run up the river. I would bet that the hole is blacked out due to all the flooding, so good luck.

Typical hour glass sink with a very heavy hydrogen sulfide layer at 70-90 feet. Total darkness below, bring 3 lights. Shallow side is around 110 feet and drops to a deeper side at 145 - 150 or so.

Lots of water solution holes in the ceiling, so watch out you dont accidently go up one on your return to the surface.

Yep, Ill be running a reel, and bringing my HID. But, now that you mention the flooding, I need to check out the river on the way down. Im not going to bother if its black. Seemed like the weeki watchee mightve resisted better.

Well, we didnt go. I didnt think conditions would be that great, and just too many pieces of pie (depth, lack of cave trained buddy)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom